Catholic Wedding Package
THE CATHOLIC WEDDING PACKAGE – $700.00 (& parking)
Consultations by phone or email as needed
Solo Acoustic Pedal Harp only
Harp cartage (to one location in Central Vancouver), travel time, set-up and take-down time.
Up to 100 minutes (1 hr and 40 min) total booked time at the event:
- Allowing up to 30 minutes of background music performance for the Seating of the Guests
- Up to 60 minutes time for the Ceremony
- Up to 10 minutes of background music performance for the Postlude (after the Ceremony)
(Or adjust timing as needed, to a maximum of 100 minutes total).
Up to six music selections to be played during the Ceremony, from the repertoire suitable for Catholic ceremonies as suggested below. (Note that Catholic churches do not consider all music suitable for wedding ceremonies. You should confirm that the following selections will be acceptable to your priest, before contracting with Alys Howe).
1. “Air” or “Largo” (Handel) – approved at some Catholic churches for the parties processing before the bride
2. “Canon in D” (Pachelbel), or “Here Comes the Bride” (Wagner) – some Catholic churches will not accept either option as a processional; confirm with your priest
- Pachelbel’s Canon
- Pachelbel’s Canon (3 mb video clip)
- Here Comes the Bride*
- Wagner’s Here Comes the Bride (lever harp)
3. “Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring” or “Sheep May Safely Graze” (Bach) – approved at some Catholic churches for Holy Communion
4. “Meditation/Ave Maria” (Bach) – approved at some Catholic churches for before the Gospel
5. “Ave Maria” (Schubert) – approved at some Catholic churches for during The Offering / The Presentation of Gifts, or for The Lighting of the Candle
6. “Trumpet Tune” or “Trumpet Voluntary” (Purcell), or “Wedding March” (Mendelsohn) – approved at some Catholic churches for the Recessional
- Purcell’s Trumpet Tune *
- Trumpet Voluntary (Purcell/Clarke) *
- Trumpet Voluntary (lever harp)
- Mendelsohn’s “Wedding March” *
(Or you can request that music will be played as needed, to a maximum of six selections of music during the Ceremony. For example, some couples do not need two Processional pieces, or would like to make some form of substitution).
For background music selections for the Seating of the Guests, and for the Postlude after the Ceremony, it is suggested that you discuss choices of hymn with the harpist and your priest, or you may make other music arrangements as needed.
- Hymn: Be Thou My Vision
- Hymn: Amazing Grace
- Hymn: For the Beauty of the Earth
- Hymn: Christ the Lord is Ris’n Today
- Hymns: Abide with Me / This is my Father’s World
AVAILABLE AT ADDITIONAL COST (not included):
Amplification is recommended when there will be more than 50 guests at an outdoor location, or more than 80 guests at an indoor location. The harpist can provide a modest amplification system, for the additional cost of $50.
Additional time is available at the rate of $100.00 for up to 1 hour (+ parking).
Additional selections of music from Alys Howe’s standard repertoire, are available at the rate of $75.00 per additional selection.
Special musical requests (for music that is not part of Alys Howe’s standard repertoire) may or may not be possible, depending on time constraints, and whether the music is suitable for harp and for Catholic wedding ceremonies. Additional charges will apply. Consult the harpist, and your priest, for further details.
Additional performers may be available to perform acoustically, with acoustic harp only, as an addition to this wedding package. Standard combinations include harp and flute, harp and violin, harp and vocals, harp and recorder, or harp and cello. It may or may not be possible to choose harp and another instrument not listed here. The harpist will contract other professional musicians. Additional charges will apply, at the rate of $200.00 minimum additional fee for up to 1 hour, $100.00 for each hour (or portion) following (and parking). Note that most of Alys Howe’s standard repertoire may be performed in combination with other instruments, but there are some exceptions. Consult the harpist for further details.
Additional travel (if your location is not in Central Vancouver). The harpist may or may not be available to perform outside of Central Vancouver area. Additional charges will apply. Consult the harpist for further details.
Alys with Pedal Harp